Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Follow Your Passion


Share Your Gift


 

 

She is amazing at what she does. She can get on the radio and talk to us like we’re right there in the room with her. It’s magical. I’ve been there & watched her do it. I’ve seen her do a whole show with a few notes she jotted down in a notebook before she went on the air. I was impressed. It’s one of those things that I’d like to be able to do well. I can do it. I can. But not with the same ease and grace. For me, it takes hours, no days, actually weeks of preparation. I write every word out, because there is something that happens to me when I get on the air. It’s like I lose my ability to think and speak at the same time. Yet… I’ve kept trying to do it. Trying to be a radio host. It’s something I’ve felt that I wanted to do. No one was forcing me to do it. It all started with an interview with her… this woman who makes us feel like she in the room with us having an intimate conversation. She has become one of my best friends. She made the interview so easy, so simple I forgot I was on the air. Someone heard that show & thought I’d be a good host. Because with her I feel invincible on the radio, I thought, sure I’ll do that! It wasn’t the same. I loved interviewing people. But the anxiety I’d feel would actually cause me to go into dissociation. So I quit. She came along and said, “Hey, let’s start a show together.” I thought… with her, I can do this. & with her, I could. As long as she was on the air with me, it was fun. It was easy. It was wonderful. But doing it alone? Ah… I was back to the craziness. It wasn’t until yesterday that I realized all of this. I realized that I was trying to do something that just wasn’t me. It wasn’t a lack of commitment. It wasn’t even a lack of desire. It just wasn’t what I was good at or felt passionate about or excelled at.

I think there comes a time in all of our lives when we have to choose. Do we keep trying to do something we’re just ok at? Or, do we focus more of our energy on the thing we’re really good at, the thing we’re passionate about? I decided to do the latter. And I feel a lot freer. I know my bestie will still love me just as much, even if I don’t have my own show on our amazing network. And, yes, I still feel that it is just as much mine as it was before, when I kept struggling to be a host and feeling like I was letting everyone down when I’d freak out and cancel yet another show. Now I feel I can enjoy it a lot more, because I’m doing what I’m good at… painting.
What are you good at? Follow your passion. Devote your time to the thing that you’re great at and become better at it. Want to hear the magical host? You can. She’s on www.blogtalkradio.com/ButterflyDreamsAbuseRecovery every Monday and Wednesday evening at 9pm eastern time. Her name is Trish & I love her! Want to see what I’m good at? You can. Visit my website at www.MichalMadisonArt.net/galleries.html and while you’re there, pick out something that touches your heart, keep it for yourself or share it with a friend. 10% of every sale is donated to ending child abuse (Childhelp. My art helps support Butterfly Dreams too). That’s something Trish and I are both passionate about. That’s why we started Butterfly Dreams in the first place.

Follow you passion my friends. You have a gift that only you can give the world. Share it!

Dream Big. Create Miracle. Expect Magic.

Michal Madison

 
21 March 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment